My kids aren’t fans of green peppers in their meatloaf. After MANY years of trying different recipes, I was given this by a good friend and it’s the only way I make it now.
Here’s the Amazing Meatloaf recipe I use, it’s super easy too!
Amazing Meatloaf Recipe
Best meatloaf I have ever had. It’s not too dry and doesn’t fall apart. It’s tasty, juicy and scrumptious! Everything you could want in a meatloaf but never had. Try it and tell me what you think? Some folks tweak it and that’s okay too. I, however love it just like it is and so do my kids!
1 1/2 pound of Ground Beef
3/4 cup of Oatmeal or Seasoned Bread Crumbs
1 cup of Milk
1 Tablespoon chopped Onion
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
1/2 Teaspoon of Dried or Regular Mustard
3/4 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- In a large bowl mix together:
- 1 and 1/2 pound of Ground Beef/Turkey/Pork/Chicken (what ever you like or have on hand will work)
- 3/4 cup of Oatmeal or Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Onion or Dried Onion – does not have to be fresh.
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Seasoned Salt (I just use regular salt or sea salt)
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Dried or Regular Mustard
- Be sure to smush (I mean mix) this together very well. I use a potatoe masher, it works great!
- Place in an oil sprayed bread pan.
- Bake on 350* for 1 hour
- While baking, mix together in a separate bowl:
- 3/4 cup Ketchup and 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Heat in microwave until brown sugar is melted. After hot, mix thoroughly again.
- You can always tweak this for your taste.
- If it’s too sweet, add more ketchup, if it’s too ketchupy add more brown sugar.
- 10 minutes BEFORE your meatloaf is ready, take it out of the oven and spoon the ketchup mixture to the top. Replace back into oven for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then slice and serve!
- If your family are dippers like mine are, make extra ketchup mixture. It’s so yummy!
- *Time saving tip. If you have extra ground beef on hand, make a double batch of this. Use half now and freeze the other half in a Ziploc freezer bag. Then you’ll have some all ready for a quick go-to meal for another day.
- Serve with Mashed potatoes and a veggie and you have supper! Enjoy!