Tomato & Mozzarella Summer Salad
A fantastic salad to prepare all year but especially in the Summer when tomatoes are at their best. S
2 diced ripe tomatoes
1 sliced garlic clove
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of oregano
1/4 cup of water
2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1/2 a pound of diced mozzarella cheese
- Be sure when choosing mozzarella cheese for this recipe, you get the moist mozzarella in the cheese section. If it is too hard, it won’t absorb the wonderful tomato/garlic/vinegar flavors!
- Place diced tomatoes in a medium sized bowl.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Let stand in refrigerator for an hour or more so that tomatoes release juices. Be sure to stir often so the salt gets well distributed.
- The salt helps the tomatoes release their wonderful juice!
- You can add more sea salt (to your taste) later.
- Add 1/4 cup of water. You want to have enough juices.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Be sure to add the mozzarella last. Adding it last keeps it from turning too brown from the balsamic vinegar.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tips: If you do not wish to have extra juices for dipping, omit the 1/4 cup of water.
- Sitting overnight only makes it better!
- With all the juices, this recipe is perfect for dipping bread! You can always add more salt, oregano or vinegar to your taste. With ripe tomatoes and fresh, moist mozzarella cheese, this dish will be a hit. It’s simple and delicious. Great to take to a #BBQ, or for a simple #Hors d’oeuvre. #Easylicious!